Possible to customize Details Pane?

Brass Contributor

Hi,

In the keynote from the SharePoint Conference in May 2019, @Karuana Gatimu presented some new features in SharePoint Online. 

In one of the demos, she showcased an unknown new feature (AFAIK). She clicked on the item title, and the Details Pane for the item opened as this:

SPC2019-DetailsPane.png

I haven't seen this kind of presentation of the Details Pane before.

What must it take to create something like this? Or is this an unreleased feature, yet to be released to SharePoint Online? If so, any link to a User Voice or Road Map ID?

Thanks for any hint/feedback/comment/rambling/yay. :)

Best Regards,

Frank

5 Replies
AFAIK, that is a customization done to a list by means of PowerApps something that you can already do Today

Ok, I just watched the Keynote and I remember this now. It's def. a powerapp integrated as part of the new list experience inside of Teams. 

@Chris Webb and @Juan Carlos González Martín, thank you for your swift feedback on this. 

We wanted to see if we could use this in a new project we're working on. We will have a lot of external users using this new solution. This should work OK, I guess, since we will Customize this form using PowerApps. 

Any links to resources that might assist us in setting up Details Panes this rich?

If you have a lot of guest users I would hold off. I’m not quite sure powerapps supports guest users yet. I’ll need to verify. I know it was something being looked at.

Would also want to find the possibility to customize the detail pane for our company- we want the preview to be displayed only.