Please help with a solution!!

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone, i need help with a solution to a task i need to do.

What I want is basically a list which asks a user to input what equipment they are using for home working and the date and time they would like to return it. 

Is there a way for the list to realise that another user has already chosen a date and time and not allow them to select this/hide the date and times not available. Similar to a calendar, or does anyone else have another suggestion on how to do this?

2 Replies

@AlexRead2017 I'vejust delivered a desk booking app for my company using a SharePoint list and a Power Apps app as the front end. It prevents a booking slot being double-booked. It was based on April Dunnam's desk booking app at https://powerplatform.app/archives/desk-reservation-power-app-enhancements/ but improved to cope with multiple locations. I guess a similar thing could be used for your requirements. Or you might want to look at Microsoft Bookings which should also be able to do the job.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint, Website and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Is there a way to make SharePoint check two columns in the list and tell if they are unique and not allow the user to save? I know you can do this with one column, but can i do 2 columns?