Please help! ALL Modern pages impacted | SharePoint spacing issue

Brass Contributor

There have been spacing issues happening tenant-wide on all modern pages since yesterday. Not sure if Microsoft released a CSS patch?

Looks fine in Edit mode but all content gets squished together after publishing. Please refer to the attachments to see the issue.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

74 Replies

@Gayatri Ohri - seeing if my colleagues, @John Sanders and/or @Rachel Lambert can review and provide feedback. John/Rachel - have you seen this issue with space variance across edit/publish experiences?

We’re also getting this on our tenant and it’s making our intranet look awful. I opened a support ticket this afternoon (22662858) and should have a call tomorrow to hopefully get it escalated.

@Gayatri Ohri

Hi Gayatri,

I'm having the same issue with my SharePoint pages.  I'll stay tuned to this thread!  Thanks for posting about this.

Best,

Caleb

Thanks Mark. Hope to hear something soon!

@Mark Kashman 

We're seeing the same issue on our tenant where spacing has been reduced/removed. Hope this can be resolved.

@Gayatri Ohri We also see this issue and opened a ticket. If someone responds on our side, I will update this here.

Hi,

it seems to be fixed on our end. Case is still not updated. Think they found the bug.

@isotop94 It's not reached our tenant yet so fingers crossed. I've just come off a support call going through steps to reproduce etc. and shared the link to this thread.

Works for our tenant now as of 10 mins ago in EU

Wow....not working again on our side...

I hope its just some kind of cache issue

We still see the issue. I have a support call scheduled for tomorrow. Hopefully, it gets fixed soon. let's see...

The problem is still there in our tenant, does anyone have any fresh news on this problem?

Thanks in Advance.

@4lexius4 world Our support ticket has now gone to the Product Group.

We are having the same issues... hoping this gets resolved asap. It broke a few days ago, then worked again, and now broke again.

@Gayatri Ohri I am having the same issue. Our intranet now looks terrible! 

@Mark Kashman - Do we have any update on this from Microsoft?

@spadminemma The issue occurred in all of our tenants on Tue, then seemed to be rolled back and is back again today/last night. What a horrible experience, both Product updates and its support. We raised a support ticket with Microsoft Premier Support and the here's what they have come back! Yes, a link to a solution guidance page that's for Building classic publishing portals for SharePoint Online, and I couldn't see how that helps as is completely not relevant for Modern pages.

After discussing with the team, it came to my knowledge that we don't provide support for SharePoint Online Modern Sites customizations in the Premier Support channel. Also site design changes can happen any time without notice, as stated in the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/solution-guidance/portal-branding

The SharePoint Online service is constantly improving. Updates provisioned to the service may affect the Document Object Model (DOM) structure of out-of-the-box pages and the content of out-of-the-box files (for example, master pages). Developers must keep this in mind and should not rely on unsupported customization approaches (for example, the position of specific elements in the DOM structure of the page).

For any customization support, please engage your CSAM 

@uno-ic That is terrible! I was on a support call with them but they asked us to wait until Sunday so they can get back to us.

@uno-ic Thats just horrible! Also the information they gave you is completely irrelevant as adding and using modern webparts on modern sites has nothing to do with Sharepoint customization.

On my end they are doing their usual fiddler log and psr thing. Will keep you updated. Needless to say that our sites are still broken with the new "design" that was not mentioned on the roadmap and has nothing to do with the current fluent design.