Person or Group Column not returning external users in the assigned SharePoint Group

Steel Contributor

We have a few Person/Group columns in a document library that are configured to look up to users in a particular SharePoint Group. At some point today when trying to lookup a person, who is an external user, they are not returned to select, even though they are in the SharePoint Group

Example below, the Assigned To field is configured to lookup to a SharePoint Group 'XXX Group'.  In this group there are three people called Andrew (Andrew A, Andrew B, Andrew C).  Andrew A & B are internal users, Andrew C is a guest user who the site has been shared with and added to 'XXX Group'.  This has been working for over a year, but today i cannot get Andrew C to return in the list of People.

Hope this makes sense! Is anyone else experiencing this?

AssignedTo.jpg

4 Replies
This should work as I have been doing so far, so my recommendation is to open ticket to get information about what could have happened. I'm not aware of any change that could have broken the expected behavior in people and group fields
Hi Juan, thanks for the reply. Put a ticket in yesterday and are still working with MS to fix the issue. Hopefully it will be fixed soon!

Dear Tanya,

Did you ever resolve this issue?

@Roland Welker - Yes it did get resolved, as in it suddenly started working again days later. However, we have now switched from using the share feature to creating guest users direct in Azure (B2B feature).