Person field is blank on the list

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a Sharepoint list where workers write down their vacation time. The form is just a people picker and then some text inputs.

Problem is, there is a specific user whose name doesn't show on the sharepoint list. When you open the elements details, all the data is there, including the persons name on the people picker, but in the list view, its empty.

Also, the created by column is empty too, for this one user.

I have checked the permissions on the list and even gave this user Full control.

I also disabled the custom powerapps form and restored the default sharepoint form.

There is nothing special with this user, she is just another worker.

2 Replies

@idigorasu Has this user logged into the site before?  Does the user appear in the User Information List for the site? 

@JoshMcClanahan Yes, she has logged before. She had to, to be able to create the list element.

I looked into the User Information List for the site and she does appear.

One thing I noticed is, the name appear blank on the list when in the configuration of the person field, I chose "Last name" on the Show field option. If I chose "Name (with presence)", which is the default option, it works.

But anyway, the fact that only happens with this particular user bothers me. They need to see it by Last name, so changing that is not the solution.