SOLVED

Permissions on individual Sections in a sharepoint subsite

Copper Contributor

Hello, we have our main team site that is informational, and want to create several subsites for each division.  on the division sites we will have different content that we want only certain people to edit.  for example.  the first section is a 2 column section with a news web part in each column.  I want person A and B to be able to edit News 1 and persons C and D to edit News 2.  is that possible?  I have looked a lot on the internet and have found all kinds of permissions settings, but cannot find the ability to set permissions on a section, or a web part in sharepoint.

Thank you all in advance for any advice or direction you can give me.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Stevedrjr (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Stevedrjr You can use audience targeting feature in SharePoint for news web parts.

Refer these documentation for more information:

1. Target content to a specific audience on a SharePoint site 
  2. Use the News web part on a SharePoint page 
  3. Audience Targeting for Quick Links Web Part in SharePoint Online 

Note: Audience targeting works with Azure AD groups (including security groups, Microsoft 365 groups, and AAD dynamic groups) and not with SharePoint groups or individual users.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap 

Thank you, I will look at those links and see if I can get it figured out.

@Stevedrjr You're welcome! Hope it works for you.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Stevedrjr (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Stevedrjr You can use audience targeting feature in SharePoint for news web parts.

Refer these documentation for more information:

1. Target content to a specific audience on a SharePoint site 
  2. Use the News web part on a SharePoint page 
  3. Audience Targeting for Quick Links Web Part in SharePoint Online 

Note: Audience targeting works with Azure AD groups (including security groups, Microsoft 365 groups, and AAD dynamic groups) and not with SharePoint groups or individual users.

View solution in original post