SOLVED

permissions for every page

Copper Contributor

Hello! 

I am trying to create a site where each page on the site can only be accessed by who I allow. 

For example: Home page- Only admins can access,

Marketing page- admins and marketing team can access,

logistics page- logistics team and admins can access. 

Is this a possibility? If not I would love to hear any work around tips or ideas! 

Thank you!! 

6 Replies

@SusieGallagher it would be a very bad idea to have the homepage of your site only accessible by admins. Other pages maybe but not the homepage.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@RobElliott 

I see what you're saying but I do need something in that kind of structure. Where the top level can see everything but the lower levels can only see their content.  Any ideas would be welcome! 

great

@SusieGallagher 

If you want to target a certain content to specific set of people, then consider using the audience targeting.

best response confirmed by SusieGallagher (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SusieGallagher You can break permissions inheritance at site pages level and set item level permissions for site pages in your SharePoint site. It should help you with your requirements.

Check below links for more information: 

1. Customize permissions for a SharePoint list or library 
  2. Granting unique permissions to a page 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

This depends on the content on the pages and whether the content is static or dynamic.

If it's static content, like text, then setting permissions is one and done, you should be fine. But if you are uploading a picture or document that needs to be secured - it's an additional step to secure each item or file. Item level permissions can get messy fast.

A better setup for dynamic content: use 3 site collections: Home, Marketing, Logistics. Make the home page a hub site and connect the other sites to Home. You can roll up news and events if needed. Depending on your requirements, you may still need to customize permissions a little, but it will be GREATLY simplified.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SusieGallagher (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SusieGallagher You can break permissions inheritance at site pages level and set item level permissions for site pages in your SharePoint site. It should help you with your requirements.

Check below links for more information: 

1. Customize permissions for a SharePoint list or library 
  2. Granting unique permissions to a page 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post