SOLVED

People/Group Notifcation

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a column in an MS List which is of people/group type. I have it set to accept multiple people and it works fine.

Is there any config i can do, so to the column so that when people are tagged they receive an email notification?

Thanks

2 Replies
best response confirmed by robrkhw (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@robrkhw 

There are two approaches:

Approach 1

• You can create rules two send notification using following steps
    • Click on Automate -> Create Rules -> When Column Changes
    • kalpeshvaghela_0-1682601427522.png

• Click on When Column Changes and do following configuration (In below screen shot "Users" is my multi allow user column)
    • kalpeshvaghela_1-1682601510185.pngkalpeshvaghela_2-1682601531098.png
  • This approach does have following limitation
    • It will send notification to every users added in fields whenever you change something in your user field (either adding user or removing user)
    • We can't have control in notification content here

Approach 2

• you can use power automate flow using "When item is created or modified" trigger & check if User field changed or not based on getting previous version of item and then you can send notification to user

Hope it will helpful to you and if so then Please mark my response as Best Response & Like to help others in this community

Thank you I think to achieve what I want I need to use powerautomate
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by robrkhw (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@robrkhw 

There are two approaches:

Approach 1

• You can create rules two send notification using following steps
    • Click on Automate -> Create Rules -> When Column Changes
    • kalpeshvaghela_0-1682601427522.png

• Click on When Column Changes and do following configuration (In below screen shot "Users" is my multi allow user column)
    • kalpeshvaghela_1-1682601510185.pngkalpeshvaghela_2-1682601531098.png
  • This approach does have following limitation
    • It will send notification to every users added in fields whenever you change something in your user field (either adding user or removing user)
    • We can't have control in notification content here

Approach 2

• you can use power automate flow using "When item is created or modified" trigger & check if User field changed or not based on getting previous version of item and then you can send notification to user

Hope it will helpful to you and if so then Please mark my response as Best Response & Like to help others in this community

View solution in original post