PDF Preview - Viewer does not close

Steel Contributor

Hi, Anyone having issue closing document preview when the file is a PDF? When I try to click on the X to close the preview and go back to the library, it does not work (preview is not closing)

MartinCoupal_1-1667225457146.png

Thanks.

7 Replies
Have you tried in a different browser?

@Martin Coupal I just tried this on my SharePoint site and it works for me using both the options: close (x) option at the top right corner and browser back button at top left corner.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

We have been experiencing the same issue for some time now. Today I noticed we also have the same issue with .txt files and not only PDF.

I'm in contact with Microsoft, but no solution yet :\

@Martin Coupal 

Same here, no resolution. I just delete the rest of the URL up to the site name to get back out.
or refresh the browser, and then it's possible to close the pdf or return to the document library (at least for us)
What error are you guys getting in the Web browser Console? Might be a plugin or ad-blocker playing tricks :)
Just runtime.lasterror: message port closed...The issue happens in both chrome and edge, and no plugins, but there's one extension which is on both browsers (one that measures webpage load and render time), so I will have it checked and see if that's what causes the issue :)

The problem does seem to be connected to some loading issues.