Parent site URL changed, form broken, just republish?

Copper Contributor

I have a couple of InfoPath library forms (not list forms) hosted under let's say Site B, where site B is a subsite of Site A. I recently changed the URL of site A and all forms are broken.

I attempted to fix this simply by opening up the .XSN file in infopath, FILE >>> Publish >>>> SharePoint Server >>>

Here I found that the URL was the old URL of site A before the change, so I updated it to the new URL of site A. Hit Next, Next, and instead of creating a new form library, I simply choose Update the form template in an existing library, and pick the same library.

Voila! the form is back to normal again.

Now my questions: If it is this simple, why there are posts out there saying something like saving a local copy of the XSN file, exporting its source, and changing the URL within the .manifest file (some even say it needs to be converted to .CAB file) like here? Or some even say, some file called .udcx file need to be modified like here? All these suggestions make me think if it is this complicated, I might have done something wrong?

Or is it because these complicated steps are meant for Infopath list forms only instead of library forms? Or they have to do with opening up old .XML records? (My forms in question only use emailing to send out responses and do not save a XML record in the form library)

So just would like to confirm that these complicated steps (changing .manifest file/.udcx file) doesn't apply to my case? Please advise!

Environment: SharePoint 2013 on-premise. InfoPath 2013

1 Reply

@Yihuan Liu Could you please try the following steps:

Download the Infopath file to your local drive and then republish the same in to your library once again so that linking happens once again.

You can follow the steps described below: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/move-a-published-form-template-to-a-new-sharepoint-library-...