SOLVED

Page without headline?

Copper Contributor

Hi all, this is probably a rookie question. I want to create pages in Sharepoints (communications site) without a headline. I've tried two ways to achieve this:

- If I create a new page, it will invariably have a headline that cannot be removed.

- If I make a copy of the homepage, it does not have a headline, yay! But then the <head> info will always be "Homepage" and I don't know how to change that.

Can anyone think of a solution?

Thanks!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by PeterO_82 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PeterO_82 

Workaround suggested by @Susan Hanley was working as expected previously but not anymore.

So In your case, you need to change the Title property of site page.

1. Go to Site pages
  2. Select page & click on "Properties" from command bar (or "Open the details pane")
  3. Change "Title" property of page & make sure it is saved properly
  4. It should now reflect on page title as well

More details at: SharePoint Online: Create a blank page without header 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PeterO_82 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PeterO_82 

Workaround suggested by @Susan Hanley was working as expected previously but not anymore.

So In your case, you need to change the Title property of site page.

1. Go to Site pages
  2. Select page & click on "Properties" from command bar (or "Open the details pane")
  3. Change "Title" property of page & make sure it is saved properly
  4. It should now reflect on page title as well

More details at: SharePoint Online: Create a blank page without header 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post