Page Title Area - Specifications

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

Can anyone please provide more in-depth specifications for page title images in SharePoint site pages? Rather than the standard Microsoft Guidance? I would like to know break points, is the best pixels on image etc. 

Many thanks

3 Replies

@SteveH84 Are you asking about page header banner image? Example:

ganeshsanap_0-1660813343955.png

and you are not satisfied with the information given in Microsoft documentation at: Image sizing and scaling in SharePoint modern pages ?

I don't think there is any specific recommended pixels size given for this images. Images look best when they are landscape or 16:9 in aspect ratio. Also, you have to set a focal point to the keep the most important part of the picture in view:

Focal point option in page edit mode: 

ganeshsanap_1-1660813646746.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thanks that is what I am asking. Is there any more technical specs to reference.

@SteveH84 Thanks for the confirmation. As I said in my previous response, there is no specific recommended pixels size given for this images. 

You can try different combinations of image sizes with 16:9 aspect ratio. For example: 1280 x 720 or 1920 x 1080.

I will suggest you to go through below reference links which will help you to understand this in detail:

1. SharePoint Modern Pages Image Sizing and Scaling 
  2. Creating Banners for your SharePoint Online Pages 
  3. Reference anywhere for SharePoint Modern page image sizes? 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.