SOLVED

Outlook email template using sharepoint fields

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am building a site and would like my users to be able to click a button or hyperlink on the sharepoint form that will bring up an Outlook email template which will be prefilled with fields from that sharepoint record.  The user would then be able to finalize formatting/editing the email in outlook and manually hit send.

All I can locate is guides on automated emails using workflows created in SP Designer or PowerAutomate.  Is what I am looking to do possible?

Thanks in advance,

Kirsten

2 Replies
best response confirmed by KNB (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@KNB My experience of email templates in SharePoint is not so positive and I do not see a very easy way to solve this. I think the only reasonable way to possibly solve this is to try to build something using Power Automate. Check out some of the templates that are here and see if there is anyone who can fit to customize.  For example this one: Send a customized email when a new file is added | Microsoft Power Automate

thank you, Magnus
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by KNB (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@KNB My experience of email templates in SharePoint is not so positive and I do not see a very easy way to solve this. I think the only reasonable way to possibly solve this is to try to build something using Power Automate. Check out some of the templates that are here and see if there is anyone who can fit to customize.  For example this one: Send a customized email when a new file is added | Microsoft Power Automate

View solution in original post