Organization Chart web part - User can no longer be found. Try a different person.

Iron Contributor

Organization Chart web part - User can no longer be found. Try a different person.

I go to SharePoint Online and a Site Page for (modern) and click on Organization Chart and I type in the CEO of the company, type my name, (I hope I still work for the company) and other names.  Still the same issue.  I tried this in my tenant and in a development tenant.  I got the same result.  I restarted my computer (Windows 10) and I work in Microsoft Edge web browsers.

I also don't know if there is a way to "update" the web part as it says "no" and so I can't go in and edit and update to another person.  I do see the option to select levels, 2, etc.  I have republished and still same thing.

I attached graphics with steps I have taken.

Thank you!

2 Replies

@Matthew Carter  I'm having the same issue, did you ever find a solution?

@inetto I apologize that I didn't get to this in time.  I was using an admin account and I had to go in with a regular user account. 

I just tried it with my admin account and it works now.  I don't know if they were updating something on my end at the time.  Frustrating.