SOLVED

Old user still showing up as editing SharePoint dashboard

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

In the browser admin dashboard of Sharepoint, I'm seeing an old user (currently not existing anymore) appearing as if they're editing the dashboard.

It seems it's stuck like this since I noticed this (a week ago), can you let me know if that's just an error or indeed I have to delete them from somewhere else?

Cheers,

Tudor

2 Replies
best response confirmed by TudStanciu (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Even after a user is gone and their account is disabled, their history will remain in SharePoint. If you have edit rights to the site and this page (dashboard), click to Edit the page and then select the 'Discard Changes' option. And, for the sake of keeping things clean, go to the Site Permissions and use the Check Permissions button to see if/where the old account still has access and remove it.
Spoiler

@Kelly_Edinger thanks a lot!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TudStanciu (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Even after a user is gone and their account is disabled, their history will remain in SharePoint. If you have edit rights to the site and this page (dashboard), click to Edit the page and then select the 'Discard Changes' option. And, for the sake of keeping things clean, go to the Site Permissions and use the Check Permissions button to see if/where the old account still has access and remove it.

View solution in original post