SOLVED

Official megamenu reference

Iron Contributor

According to the Microsoft 365 roadmap, the megamenu was released in November 2018. Unfortunately, I can't find any trace of it in the settings or in the Microsoft documentation. Any pointers to an official reference would be appreciated.

10 Replies

The roadmap item is still marked as "In development" event though release date says November 2018. The Microsoft 365 Message Center message says the rollout should begin the end of November and that it should be released worldwide by the end of December. I haven't seen it in any of the tenants I have access to that is under Targeted Release, so I'm guessing it's still not fully released yet.

Thanks for the reply Dan. That makes sense, there is clearly an inconsistency in the roadmap.

Still, I would expect to find some official documentation if it is rolled  out this month.

I wholeheartedly agree with you Christophe regarding the lack of documentation. It feels like the recent major SharePoint release announcements in the Message Center is missing detailed documentation regarding the change. The "Additional information" link now often refers back to old blog posts from Ignite that is missing the detailed information I need to be able to prepare my self and my customers for the upcoming change. 

I got an answer from Mark Kashman via twitter: The roadmap info was a mishap and the megamenu rollout is expected in December.

Any update when MegaMenus will be released in the US?

The megamenu is currently being rolled out. I got it on a targeted release tenant, and it should be deployed to all Office 365 customers by the end of March.

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)

@Christophe Humbert 

Hi, 

Now that mega menus are here, we are trying to deploy them across about a dozen hub sites. Each site has several sub sites and we would like to duplicate the menu structure across all sites. Does anyone have a script available that can facilitate? Is this possible with Power Shell? 

Thanks very much for any assistance! 

@Ted_Rubertiaren't you able to use the out-of-the-box functionality for that? No need for duplication, sites should inherit from hubs and sub-sites should inherit from the top-level sites.

@Christophe Humbert 

Thank you for the reply.

I need to investigate. My understanding was that the menus needed to be duplicated across the multiple hub sites. We are just rolling out our intranet now, and the feedback I received was that the menus need to be replicated across. I am still in the process of gaining access to the environment, which does not help. Apologies for that, but beyond my control right now! 

Okay, I will dig in deeper. Thanks again for the willingness to assist! :) 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)