Office template folder visible in Office Desktop Apps, but empty

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I have created a new sharepoint online site (communication site).

Created a new Document Library inside and added the templates over there.

Also created a list and added the templates in the list.

With powershell the OrgAssetType is set as OfficeTemplateLibrary.

When a user opens Powerpoint on the web, the user sees both the Document Library and list, and also the Powerpoint template.

But when a user opens Powerpoint or Word as a Desktop app, the user sees both the Document Library and list, but they are empty!

Office is Office 365 CtR and also a recent version. The user also has a Microsoft 365 E5 security license, which should be sufficient.

Any idea why the folders are empty? We waited for weeks already :)

1 Reply

@andrejochemsen 

According to organization-assets-library , make sure that you only upload template (i.e. xltx,dotx,potx) files into that then only it will be visible.

Note

• For the organization assets library to appear to a user in PowerPoint on the web, the user must be assigned a license to Office 365 E3 or E5. Users who use the Word, Excel, or PowerPoint desktop app also need Microsoft 365 Apps Version 2002 or later. (The organization assets library is not available in Word on the web or Excel on the web.)
  • Allow up to 24 hours for the organization assets library to appear to a user in the desktop apps.
  • Uploaded template files must be in the following formats:
  • Users need at least read permissions on the root site for your organization for the organization assets library to appear in the desktop apps.

Hope it will helpful to you and if so then Please mark my response as Best Response & Like to help others in this community