[O365] Global Hub site navigation and communication site titles cached even after weeks...

Copper Contributor

Even weeks after changes have been made to the global structured navigation on our hub sites or to site titles on communication sites belonging to a hub site, some users keep seeing the old navigation or standard "communication site" title. Switching to a different browser, clearing cookies or using in private mode does not resolve this. This is only happening to some users, and there is no common ground to be found.

Are we the only onces experiencing this? Does any one have a clue on how to fix this?

4 Replies
Make sure that your root site collection permissions didn’t get changed and that your users have read access to it. If it got removed it could cause search to stop indexing which this are tied too.

If that doesn’t work you might have to ping Microsoft about reindexing everything.

All users have (and always had) read permissions on all of these sites. Didn't think the navigation and site titles where based on search though.

They aren’t. It was late for me wasn’t thinking straight. Was thinking old school nav. But I’ve seen that root site collection stuff really mess things up.

Is your root hub site a group site?

I too am having this problem.  unable to update cached files even after those sites have been deleted.