SOLVED

O365 - Export list to excel limitation

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi,

I have two big SharePoint list. One with 20 000 items, that I can export without problem with the export excel button.

Another one with only 11 000 items, which I can't export because of the thresold limitation. I think they might be a configuration somewhere, but can't find out where ?

The list I can export is an old one, can't remember what sort of configuration I did.

Thanks for your hekp

8 Replies
Have you tried to add any index to the problematic list?
best response
Solution

Hello :), 
One easy way of overcoming this issue would be to change the default view filter for your list default Allitems.aspx.
This way when you go back and click on "Export to Excel" your list should be imported (despite the threshold). 

You have multiple options to get over this error tho:

- Use Indexed Columns & filtered views

- Orgzanize your items into folders and do it separately 
- Limit the items on display

- Edit the default view

*Note: Excel only allows 52,000 rows imported from SPO.

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Another option is to use MS Access with a link to an External Table that is pointing to your SP List

That was this, I had a filter on my default view for one list but not for the other.

Thanks a lot

@Ramona Badea My team was able to export a list with ~68000 items. Has this limitation been increased? Is there a new official max?

@jasonthe - Honestly, at the present moment, I can't say exactly.. (you could ask someone from MS Support if there still exists a precise limit)
What I know is that there is a limit and that it depends on the type of fields that you have on the list. It is not a number of lines that define the limit, because each type of field can have different sizes.. :) 

Thanks Ramona, that makes sense. Seems difficult to find an official MS article specifically on the Export to Excel limitations.
Hi,
I've a list with 350.000 items. I created list view like your did but it exported only 4000 items. How can I export all items into excel?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

Hello :), 
One easy way of overcoming this issue would be to change the default view filter for your list default Allitems.aspx.
This way when you go back and click on "Export to Excel" your list should be imported (despite the threshold). 

You have multiple options to get over this error tho:

- Use Indexed Columns & filtered views

- Orgzanize your items into folders and do it separately 
- Limit the items on display

- Edit the default view

*Note: Excel only allows 52,000 rows imported from SPO.

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

View solution in original post