SOLVED

NOW() - calculated default value not working

Brass Contributor

quite express example:

a freshly created list "X", with a numeric column "zz" whose default value is calculated, =NOW()

msauaf_0-1625320312636.png

zz column:

msauaf_1-1625320386045.png

Now open the list and add 2 or more items during the next 5 - 10 seconds (or all day long... ALL of them will show up with a SAME value: the one of when you have arrived at / opened the list. So, not when you actually have added them:

msauaf_2-1625320573789.png

Have more people been experiencing this? it seems it begun last week, along with the "double" click now needed to add an item when you have just opened a list :\

6 Replies
When you open the item is the value correct?
Hi Webb, no, it isn't...
From what I recall you always use default value and use [Today] in there. Calculated columns are usually values based on other columns / formula so it seems like it’s doing what it should be doing.

An update: I've just tried another approach. I've created a "tt" number column whose default value is =TIMEVALUE(NOW()). But whenever I add a new item, the related field shows up as BLANK :\

msauaf_0-1625686581631.png

msauaf_1-1625686629347.png

not sure if I understood fine, this is not a calculated column but number column (the Now() is in the formula for its default value)... we need to reach to the seconds

msauaf_0-1625687801403.png

best response confirmed by msauaf (Brass Contributor)
Solution

SOLVED, formula for this case must be "=VALUE(now())", not only "=now()" 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by msauaf (Brass Contributor)
Solution

SOLVED, formula for this case must be "=VALUE(now())", not only "=now()" 

View solution in original post