SOLVED

Notifications on comments on SharePoint list

Copper Contributor

Hello and Happy New Year!

I would like to know how to set up notifications when a comment is put in the new "comments on SharePint list" feature. @mentions don't work. Thank you. 

16 Replies
AFAIK, there is not currently a way to have notifications when a comment is added to a list item, but this is something that will come when Microsoft adds the @ support in the comments

Thank you. When will this be done?

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

@Daniela Dalbokova no-one knows!

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@Daniela Dalbokova 

@mentions in comments is in development currently and as per current status it will be available soon (January CY2021 release)!

You can also get the comments using SharePoint REST API - Not sure if this will help you. But, you can check if you can do something with this REST API using Power Automate (or you can wait until above feature gets released).

Check these all details at:  SharePoint Online: All you need to know about Commenting in Lists 

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi

Not sure if this release has happened yet. Can you update here please

Thanks
C1

@cad-one

Not released yet. Unfortunately, it's release timeline is changed and it appears that it will be released during April release. You can track it's progress at: Microsoft 365 Roadmap  

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Is there a date for the April release? 

Looking for an update on the release since it's May 7 and no update. Thanks!
Any update on this feature?

@alihusain @clementmorlie @jakepr 

The status of this feature is still showing as In Development. Also, I checked on one of my targeted release tenant, but it is not available for me as well.

Maybe it will take some more time for Microsoft to release this feature.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

This feature will start rolling out to SharePoint tenants very soon.

Check detailed information & release timelines at: SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists: @mention people in list comments 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap Do you have a timeframe?

@jakepr Currently it is expected that the rollout will be complete by the end of June.

You can find the detailed Release Timeline at: SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists: @mention people in list comments 

Great to see this is implemented now. Kudos !! to the team.
I love the way the email notification goes out to the @mentioned person.

Small suggestion : ( hope relevant team reads this feedback)
The current solution unlocks the "item" to enable to comment for the @mentioned person. Sometime we don't want this unlocked. Will let them edit/modify information for that item.

If it's possible to unlock just the comment field, that would be great.

Thanks
best response confirmed by Daniela Dalbokova (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I agree. If they don't have edit access for the item, they should still be able to leave a comment.

Hello guys,

Does this mean that user associated with @comments cannot edit other columns but the comments column?

Thanks
C1

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Daniela Dalbokova (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I agree. If they don't have edit access for the item, they should still be able to leave a comment.

View solution in original post