Not able to create a site

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

Please help, while creating a SharePoint site am getting bellow error.

"Sorry, something went wrong

Correlation ID: 912a82a0-055b-d004-16aa-101fe152b864"

4 Replies
Hi do you have some more context to this? The error you have been given is not particularly helpful (not your reporting, just that it is a very generic message - the correlation id is simply used to tie this into the logs). If you could give some more background it would help?

@MrMonkey23 thanks for getting back

This is what i get, basically i am trying to create a site. After filling up the details and selecting the template, on clicking OK i land on this page.

nkarthikeyan_0-1671100840554.png

Sorry for lots more questions;

Which version of SharePoint are you using (SharePoint Online, SharePoint Server 2019/2016 etc.)
Have you been able to perform this operation previously, or is this a first time for trying (and getting the error)
Is the environment a new set up / upgraded / migrated etc.

The error (I believe, from my development days which were long ago!) is down to SharePoint not being able to set an object internally (which would result in a Null reference type exception). I also assume you have confirmed you have permission to all of the 'assets' and 'style library' areas (this would be most obvious if other sites do not load correctly, have 'off' styling and missing graphics etc)
SharePoint version is 2019
i was able to create earlier but all sudden am experiencing this issue.
Upgrades am not sure, think there was some changed.