No verification code coming through for external recipients to access shared secure links

Copper Contributor

I am an external vendor and a client shared a few linked folders yesterday afternoon. I was able to receive the link, get a validation code (after finding it in Spam) and successfully access the folders and download a file. Today I get to the Sharing Link Validation "Enter Verification Code" page but a code never arrives. It's not in my Spam folder, and it doesn't help to click "Send Again." Are there performance issues today with Microsoft sending the Verification Codes?

There was one point today when I also saw a different screen from "Enter Verification Code." This page prompted me to log in, but when I tried to create an account and use the account to access the folder, I got a message saying that my email wasn't in the company's sharepoint directory. 

My colleague and I are both having the same issue today and it seems that re-sharing the folder did not help.

Thank you!

2 Replies
I too am encountering this issue for my external visitors and it's frustrating. If there was a way for me to determine if the email that contained the code arrived to their mail server, that would be great as it will tell me confidently that the problem is not on my end or with MS.
What worked for me was opening a new browser tab, making sure I was completely signed into the correct Microsoft account and then re-trying the share link.