No list available on this site - Quick Charts Problem

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am having a problem with my quick charts functions on a SharePoint page. I have the List visualized in the page. But when I select the option "get data from a sharepoint list on this site" I receive the message "No list available on this site ". Considering the original list is on the "parent" site, could that be the problem? Or if I need to create the list on the page I'm editing, how could I do that?

Thanks for the help!

Lucas

5 Replies

@lucasgebrim As the option Get data from a SharePoint list on this site itself clarifies, your list should be on the same site where you are adding the quick charts web-part.

Are you using custom modern list or any list created using classic templates?

Use the Quick Chart web part 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi! @ganeshsanap 

Thanks for the reply! I am using a modern list, but I can't create a new list on that site. 

@lucasgebrim In order to use this option in quick charts web-part, list has to be created in same SharePoint site.

If you are not able to create a new SharePoint list that means you don't have enough permissions on the site.

You should have at least Edit or Higher permissions on site to create a list. 

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap The list is on the same site, however is not on the same page, this is what I find weird. There is also no possibility of adding a list to the page. I have editor permission and create lists for the site. I can add all lists on the site to the page to be seen, the only time it does not show up is for the graph :(

Any one still looking out for an answer?

Here is the reason, there should be at least one list which should have a single line text column and a currency or number type column. If its not there, the list will not be picked even if a list is there in the current site.

I have written a complete post on the same, you can have a look.

SharePoint Online quick chart web part (Charting web part)