SOLVED

No documents with the ID XXX were found in this site collection

Copper Contributor

I found a few threads that posts the same problem but no solution.  This problem started about 4 weeks ago back in June.

I am having issues opening pdf documents in the document library (cloud site) which was migrated from an on-premise site. The results in the No documents with the ID XXX were found in this site collection, when browsing using the Get a Link in SharePoint Online document library.

The document appears in the search result and I can see the preview. However on click of the document ID we get the directed to the URL: 

domain.sharepoint.com/sites/Manufacturing/_layouts/15/DocIdRedir.aspx?ID=MFGID-2-80427 

and No documents with the ID XXX-2-80427  were found in this site collection.

This is where we see the ID. Also using the Get a Link option for the document.

All of us face this issue even admin users.

Document ID service is activated on this site collection. I do not want to do a reset document ID because I need to preserve the original document ID when we migrated the files.

I've started a ticket with Microsoft but wondering if anyone else has the same problem.  

20 Replies
Well all of a sudden one of my Sharepoint site has the same problem again. Just one site out of multiple sites. Had to open another ticket with Microsoft. Are your sites still working?