No documents with the ID XXX were found in this site collection

New Contributor

I found a few threads that posts the same problem but no solution.  This problem started about 4 weeks ago back in June.

I am having issues opening pdf documents in the document library (cloud site) which was migrated from an on-premise site. The results in the No documents with the ID XXX were found in this site collection, when browsing using the Get a Link in SharePoint Online document library.

The document appears in the search result and I can see the preview. However on click of the document ID we get the directed to the URL: 

domain.sharepoint.com/sites/Manufacturing/_layouts/15/DocIdRedir.aspx?ID=MFGID-2-80427 

and No documents with the ID XXX-2-80427  were found in this site collection.

This is where we see the ID. Also using the Get a Link option for the document.

All of us face this issue even admin users.

Document ID service is activated on this site collection. I do not want to do a reset document ID because I need to preserve the original document ID when we migrated the files.

I've started a ticket with Microsoft but wondering if anyone else has the same problem.  

2 Replies
So far I know, Document ID is specific to a tenant. If you try to migrate from server to sharepoint online, you change tenant, and the document iD is reset.
In my case, I've migrated the document id into a hidden field and add a search property called "oldid" so at least I can retrieve it more quickly

@Vertebre85 

We did an on-premise to cloud migration using Sharegate.  We reference the document ID throughout other applications, so it was important for us to preserve that original Document ID.  Sharegate made that possible to preserve the Document ID during migration.  Everything was working fine up until last month.  The document ID link seems to be broken somehow, but you can always use the preview feature to view the document.