SOLVED

No documents with the ID XXX were found in this site collection

Copper Contributor

I found a few threads that posts the same problem but no solution.  This problem started about 4 weeks ago back in June.

I am having issues opening pdf documents in the document library (cloud site) which was migrated from an on-premise site. The results in the No documents with the ID XXX were found in this site collection, when browsing using the Get a Link in SharePoint Online document library.

The document appears in the search result and I can see the preview. However on click of the document ID we get the directed to the URL: 

domain.sharepoint.com/sites/Manufacturing/_layouts/15/DocIdRedir.aspx?ID=MFGID-2-80427 

and No documents with the ID XXX-2-80427  were found in this site collection.

This is where we see the ID. Also using the Get a Link option for the document.

All of us face this issue even admin users.

Document ID service is activated on this site collection. I do not want to do a reset document ID because I need to preserve the original document ID when we migrated the files.

I've started a ticket with Microsoft but wondering if anyone else has the same problem.  

20 Replies
So far I know, Document ID is specific to a tenant. If you try to migrate from server to sharepoint online, you change tenant, and the document iD is reset.
In my case, I've migrated the document id into a hidden field and add a search property called "oldid" so at least I can retrieve it more quickly

@Vertebre85 

We did an on-premise to cloud migration using Sharegate.  We reference the document ID throughout other applications, so it was important for us to preserve that original Document ID.  Sharegate made that possible to preserve the Document ID during migration.  Everything was working fine up until last month.  The document ID link seems to be broken somehow, but you can always use the preview feature to view the document.  

@STran2330do you have an update on this? Did Microsoft Support find a solution?

When I move some test files from Document Library A to Library B inside the same site (same site in same site collection). I also get the error message:

No documents with the ID ... were found in this site collection.

In library A the Document ID link worked, in library B it does not work. I also re-indexed library B and waited for a day, still the link does not work. We also have a customer with the same issue so I am wonder if this is maybe a general bug.

@TheShihan This was a wide issue and Microsoft said there will be a global sharepoint update sometime next week to fix this issue.  If you don't have to preserve the document ID like we do, you can reset the document id for that library where the document id hyperlink is broken.  The reset will give it a new document id and the hyperlink should work.  

This has also happened to our Tenant. Moved from Library A to Library B in the same site collection. Was working and now it is broken.
Did Microsoft say that once the update/fix is released it will work using the same DOCID field ?

Appreciate you posting this information.
DocID field should stay the same per Microsoft. We needed to preserve the original DocID field on our end.
We need to preserve the DocID also. Fingers crossed this all works - and they release the update soon. They have been talking about this update for months.
Hi STran - have you heard anymore about the update being released ? I am not getting any information from Microsoft except that it can be replicated in their test tenant and we are after this fix quite urgently.

@ClayJames I was told the most recent global update for Sharepoint was supposed to fix it and it didn't.   They did another tracing log to see if they can figure out the problem.  I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

@STran2330Funny thing is, we also opened a premium support ticket and they never mentioned that it was a global issue. They wanted me to record/log my actions while moving the file or send me a template of the library.

Of course this is nonesense, as I know also at least another tenant with exactly the same issue. I got the supporter to escalate it also to their supperior but haven't heard back anything yet.

Here is my Microsoft O365 Support Ticket # 26262243 if you want to mention that to your technician. Initially at the beginning they said I was the only one having this problem. Then later they mentioned more tenants were having the same issue, that's why there's a global update for Sharepoint. They had me do some kind of capture tracing and grab the logs for more research.

@STran2330Thanks, I mentioned it and it got escalted to the "Escalation Support Engineer" and he said to me that the issue is known and they are working on it. Sooo... let's wait.

Crossing my fingers too!
This issue just keeps on going - originally MSFT said they can reproduce, now I was told they can't and it isn't happening in any other tenants. This is my request #27196466. Do you guys have any updates as I am not getting anywhere and it has been escalated to the Escalation team.

My Microsoft tech called me yesterday saying that even though they pushed the update globally, it might not be hitting my area. Said to wait another 2 weeks. I am still having the same issue and he informed me that I am not the only one. They are still working on this. I will update once I hear anything else. You can ask your tech to check my Microsoft ticket #26262243.

Thanks mate, appreciate you getting back to me with useful information. They have asked for more fiddler tracing which I have already previously provided. I just sent them your ticket number so I will see how we go.
best response confirmed by STran2330 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I was just about to start a new fiddler trace to send to MSFT but thought I would test the DocID url and guess what....it is working. MSFT haven't provided me with any information so I am not sure if they pushed out an update or if it was the original update just taking its time to come through. Let me know if yours is working.
OMG hallelujah....it's now working!!! That Microsoft guy didn't lie this time! Thanks for letting me know. Glad everything worked out on your end too!!!!
Yes - it was nice to know someone else was experiencing the same issue and it wasn't isolated. Appreciated all the information you provided.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by STran2330 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I was just about to start a new fiddler trace to send to MSFT but thought I would test the DocID url and guess what....it is working. MSFT haven't provided me with any information so I am not sure if they pushed out an update or if it was the original update just taking its time to come through. Let me know if yours is working.

View solution in original post