News web part seems not works!

Iron Contributor

Hi,

I have a root communication site with a News web part and I have a subsite in this communication site which also has a News web part. 

The web part in the subsite is set to show the news from the parent site, and is working, but, it is not showing new news. 

Say I have 5 news in the root site, the subsite shows 5 news. When I add a sixth new, this one doesn't show up in the subsite. The web part in the subsite it set to show 10 news.

The communication site is not a hub site. 

Best regards

Americo

7 Replies

Is that problem related to the news problem that I have? 

Is anyone else with the same issue? 

Regards

Americo

I have a Ticket into Microsoft support dealing with this issue of subsites not "bubbling up news" to the associated hub site.  I will update you when they figure something out.

Thanks a lot John, I appreciate it!

Regards,

Americo

I think I've found some information about the issue:

SP141856

Title: Problem searching new pages within SharePoint Online User

Impact: Users are unable to search new *.aspx pages within the SharePoint Online service.

More info: Search functions and search-dependent web parts or navigation may generate an error when attempting to interact with *.aspx pages.

Current status: The deployment of the patch is ongoing and progressing as expected throughout the affected infrastructure. We'll continue to monitor the deployment to ensure it completes successfully. Scope of impact: Impact is specific to a subset users attempting to query a subset of *.aspx pages that were recently created.

Start time: Wednesday, June 13, 2018, at 12:00 AM UTC Estimated time to resolve: Based on current deployment progress, we expect this problem to be resolved within 12-18 hours.

Preliminary root cause: A recent code change intended to improve service functionality resulted in unexpected impact to the ability to search new *.aspx pages.

Next update by: Wednesday, June 20, 2018, at 11:00 AM UTC

I think is the same, isn't?

Regards

Americo

They seemed to have fixed my issue.  I don't know what they did, but it is working now.  Closed the ticket.  Is it working for you?

Yes, it is working now. 

The only thing that I don't like is that it takes almost 5 minutes for the sites that are fetching the news from the main site to show the latest news, but I can live with that.