SOLVED

News Web Part - Image does not update in web part

Bronze Contributor

We are using a standard News web part in the Modern UI. I showed someone how to use it and we just took a default image. Now we went back an updated the image but the defualt image still shows in the Web Part. It is not getting refreshed.  We republished the news story.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there some other update needed?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Rob.

5 Replies
How long did you wait?

Have you tried accessing via an incognito / private mode browser session, to rule out client cache?

@Rob O'Keefe 

It's working for us, please check different browser, SharePoint app, and different computer. Sounds like it's a computer.

best response confirmed by Rob O'Keefe (Bronze Contributor)
Solution
Open the news article then click edit. On Page details on the top toolbar where discard changes is etc. Is page details. On the fly out on the right is Thumbnail. You can change this here.

@Chris Webb 

Yes I see that now. I think if you never go into the Details, it is kept up to date with the banner image. But maybe I had gone into the details and picked a detail image, I don't know. My expectation is it would be changed in both places at once. Maybe I was mistaken on how it worked or maybe it was a glitch.

But now I do know how to edit it if needed.

THanks!

Yeah, sometimes it will update if you add another Image to the news article itself, usually just a banner doesn't update it. It's kind of hit or miss, but they added that thumbnail thing so that we could have control of it in case it doesn't fire ;).
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rob O'Keefe (Bronze Contributor)
Solution
Open the news article then click edit. On Page details on the top toolbar where discard changes is etc. Is page details. On the fly out on the right is Thumbnail. You can change this here.

View solution in original post