SOLVED

News notifications

Brass Contributor

Hi guys, do you know how to send a notifications on phone when new news is added on sharepoint site ? I was told i cannot be a Teams app. Do you know any app where can be sent these notifications ?

Best regards

Kamil

2 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

If people have Outlook on their phones, then you can send the notification via email. However, the challenge with SharePoint News is that you really need the SharePoint mobile app to view it.

Or at bare minimum, the Teams mobile app with Viva Connections installed will allow you to read articles but it won't notify staff.

SharePoint News also can also be shared directly with Yammer/Viva Engage. If staff have the Yammer mobile app or Teams app installed on their phones, I believe they can receive notifications.

If none of those options are sufficient and you're willing to learn a bit of code - look into Adaptive Cards (http://adaptivecard.io/). You can build your own notification in Power Platform that will look and work the way you want.

Is there an other way to make a notifications that will appear in browser ?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

If people have Outlook on their phones, then you can send the notification via email. However, the challenge with SharePoint News is that you really need the SharePoint mobile app to view it.

Or at bare minimum, the Teams mobile app with Viva Connections installed will allow you to read articles but it won't notify staff.

SharePoint News also can also be shared directly with Yammer/Viva Engage. If staff have the Yammer mobile app or Teams app installed on their phones, I believe they can receive notifications.

If none of those options are sufficient and you're willing to learn a bit of code - look into Adaptive Cards (http://adaptivecard.io/). You can build your own notification in Power Platform that will look and work the way you want.

View solution in original post