SOLVED

New sub site create option is missing

Brass Contributor

Hi,

I am missing "create new subsite" option in my sites. I can see option to create new list , library and app. I am the owner of the site and I can see all the sub sites and access them with no issue. Any thoughts ? 

I went through this forum 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9a09b354-3271-4dc5-af17-2e822d648c97/new-subsite-c...

but looks like it didn't help.

Thanks,

Anusha

14 Replies

Hello,

Let me know if you are using modern site. just try clicking the "Return to classic SharePoint" at the left bottom corner of your site and see if it shows your option to create new subsite. Sorry I cant take a screenshot as I am replying with my phone.

Hope this helps,

Thuyavan

On your SharePoint admin center (The old one) at https://tenanturl-admin.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/online/TenantSettings.aspx

There is a section for subsite creation, this needs to be set to allow for all sites, or classic if you want classic only.
Hi I get page cannot be reached error on the link you shared.
Hi I did not quite understand this. Sorry .
Just go to admin center and sharepoint. I just linked to it. You have to put your tenant name in the url or go to sharepoint admin center manually instead.
best response confirmed by AnushaV (Brass Contributor)
Solution

This is what I meant sorry if I was not clear in my reply.

This is the modern page and the option to subsite is missing 

Susite1.jpg

This is your classic page 

subsite2.jpg

let me know if this helps!

That’s assuming he has the classic site option set in the option I was listing out :). You have off. All sites (modern and classic can create) and classic only.

So really just depends on that setting!
you saved me. thanks a lot

Thank you 

Be careful and don’t go too crazy with subsites. The trend is to not use them when you can and trend towards using hub sites!
you need to change the TenantURL to the actual tenant name that you are connncting to
Though I changed my tenant....It's not working for me....it shows 404 error

Hey! I'm wondering only the admin can see these options on Sharepoint?Because once I clicked on 'Return to classic SharePoint' , I don't see any 'subsites' option.@Thuyavan Ganesan 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AnushaV (Brass Contributor)
Solution

This is what I meant sorry if I was not clear in my reply.

This is the modern page and the option to subsite is missing 

Susite1.jpg

This is your classic page 

subsite2.jpg

View solution in original post