SOLVED

New Sharepoint Library Symbol

Iron Contributor

We have noticed some new symbols appear within out Document Library. Has anybody else seen these as, I can't find any documentation on them.

Symbols.PNG

20 Replies
They come with new documents and folders. It is just to mark them as new.
Thanks for pointing this out! The 'eyelashes' have just turned up in my tenant too.
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Thank you for the reply. I can now pass that on to my Users.

The next issue I have is that new Files are not showing up in OneDrive once the library is synced.

Yep, seeing this new thing too :)
I believe @Stephen Rose announced this update a little while back around One Drive files so we should see this new glyph over there too!

Are we sure it is "new" and not "recently modified" ?
There is another new icon I the site pages library, probably referring to trending pages?

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 21.00.47.png

I am not 100% sure. I thought it looked like a bright new/sun like symbol. I only had new documents.

Yes we have it too. It's the 'new document' indicator.

have seen the new Icons at Ignite :)

I just checked this and it is definitely only for new documents.

There are different colours for this icon; blue and pink. Anyone know what this means? Also I've not seen these changes on the roadmap.

They are all the same ;)

The colour is the colour of the site, so it matches the site icon colour.

How long does the "Eye Lashes" stay on the file/sub-folder? 

In the on-premises versions of SharePoint this used to be 2 days. So I would expect that the default setting has been kept. Also note that this isn't really anything new. It is just new in the modern look library views.

Thanks Pieter. I am new to SP Online and learning rapidly...

also after the "eyelashes" you'll see, maybe only due to a workflow or flow a squiggle arrow to the right - would love to find a page to tell me for sure :p

also seeing in Modified column, after a workflow runs, the document now shows modified by SharePoint App. Now this workflow has an App Step to move to a folder, so I'm wondering if this is why it is happening. Didn't happen a few days ago

@Shaun Smith From my understanding, the new document symbols or "eyelashes" will appear for 3 days in SharePoint Online.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Thank you for the reply. I can now pass that on to my Users.

View solution in original post