New SharePoint Communications Site - Issue with my name showing on documents in document library

Copper Contributor

Hi All, 

I have recently created a new communications site and moved a lot of documents from another site and they are now displaying with my name, can this be removed, if so how? Thanks in advance

3 Replies

@sharoncampbellkinetic2005 

How you have moved the documents from another site? Did you used any migration tool?

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap They were moved from another SharePoint site. I have found the resolution - go to the document library, click on the 3 ellipses, scroll down to columns and click modified by, use drop down list and change field to created. Thanks anyway!

@sharoncampbellkinetic2005 

Can you please explain the steps you followed in detail?

I am not able to find this: "scroll down to columns and click modified by, use drop down list and change field to created".

Thanks.

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.