SOLVED

New menu options missing Library modern experience

Brass Contributor

Apologies if this is very stupid question. However, in one of our document library , suddenly word document, New Folder options are missing from "New" button.

When I tried to click on Edit New Menu, even that right side bar is completely empty?

Does anyone know, what might have caused this? Other document libraries are fine and i can see check boxes where we can select/deselect options.

Below is the screenshot. how can I reset this to default new folder, word document? (Have checked content type and its fine)

On click on New Menu

enter image description here

13 Replies
Not a stupid question at all...someone has used the Edit New menu option to change what you see in the New menu....you can do the same and restore the options in the New menu

Thank you. that's the problem. There is no way to restore those options as you can see in the second screenshot. (after clicking on edit menu option). No idea whats happening on the page and why its behaving this way. I can upload custom template, but not sure how to get  "New Folder" back

Hello @Rohit Devmore I have the same experience and I am not able to restore it.  So please if you will find any solution it will help me.

P.

Have you tried a different browser? Sometimes when microsoft add something new it will work on certain browsers only.

Using chrome the options to "re-tick" appear for me to add them back to the menu, also make sure you have full control permissions to the sites/document library.

If that doesn't work, you could try go into Library settings -> advanced -> enable content types. Then see if that restores it.

Cheers

Hello @NotAlex,

I tried all you describe, but it does not help. I already opened a ticket to Premier Support. So we will most probably see soon what cause this and how to fix it.

P.

Hello @Rohit Devmore,

So the result of ticket to MS support is that it was restored to previous state over night automatically. There is most probably some background task that is fixing it :).

P.

Hi @Pavel Večeř

You mean i have to raise support ticket?  or it will get restored automatically. its been 5 days now, we are still missing the menu options and no way to get it back. (all users are facing issue for this particular library and all browsers)

Library contains around 12K documents, so moving to another library is not an option :( 

Hello @Rohit Devmore I suggest to rise a ticket to MS. We have premier support so they are responding quite fast and mostly are also able to fast solve any problem.

P.

thanks Pavel, good for you guys :D

Luckily its solved for us as well. Document library is back to normal. 

best response confirmed by osoboh (Microsoft)
Solution
Go to document library settings -> Create View -> Standard View -> Name view "All Items" -> Check the option to be " Make this the default view " -> OK.
Go back to the document Library -> New -> The default option will show as expected.

To remove the FAULTY view:
Go to Document Library settings -> click on the faulty View -> Delete.

Try this:

Go to library settings -> Advanced settings - >

under Folders - Make 'New Folder' command available?  - > check 'Yes'

thanks, i had exactly the same issue and this solved it for me!

Literally saved my life :) after few days mailing support this finally worked thanks!!!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by osoboh (Microsoft)
Solution
Go to document library settings -> Create View -> Standard View -> Name view "All Items" -> Check the option to be " Make this the default view " -> OK.
Go back to the document Library -> New -> The default option will show as expected.

To remove the FAULTY view:
Go to Document Library settings -> click on the faulty View -> Delete.

View solution in original post