Need help with formula

Copper Contributor

Hello Community,

Need help with creating a formula that would link task to a specific person based on the requestor.

Here's the scenario:  I have a client who has multiple offices.  We'll say 6 for the purpose of this discussion.  I have 3 employees who will support 2 offices each.  I need a formula for my sharepoint list that would automatically populate the employee's name (email) based on the office ID.  So for example,

If Office ID Value = XXX then Emloyee  is xxx.  The employee column will be a people/group column. 

Can you help me?

2 Replies

@HeyCanYouHelpMe You cannot populate Person or Group column using formulas in SharePoint. First, you can create a list with offices & support user details then you can achieve this using two ways:

1. Add lookup column from above list in your current list, customize the SharePoint list form using Power Apps and populate the person or group column.

2. Run Power automate flow on item creation/item update and populate the person or group column based on office selection.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap thanks for the reply.  I created a list and named it Office Support.  Can you share how I would run Power automate flow on item creation/item update and populate the person or group column based on office selection. 

What data should I add to the Office Support list in order for the flow to work?  

I'm sorry but I'm a newbie at this.