Navigation and image display issues with multilingual communication site

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Today we launched the other-language part of our multilingual intranet site, which is a communication site. The NL-BE part of it (default language) has been working without any problem since May, and we've been busy preparing the launch of the FR-FR part (we are in Belgium, so it's always Dutch and French).

We had activated the new multilingual feature on the site, and had since proceeded with creating (but not publishing) all the FR-FR pages. Today we published the lot, and have noticed two issues:

• Images don't display always on FR-FR pages. Sometimes they load after a few page refreshes, sometimes they don't. We're speaking about images in the pages themselves here (image webpart)
  • The browser navigation is broken: SharePoint doesn't respond to back/forward button clicks (tested in Chrome, Firefox, Edge). Sometimes we see that the URL changes in the address bar, but the page itself is not refreshed. When we hit F5 manually, the correct page loads

As we published today, could there be some indexing mechanism that has to run overnight and that will fix all this (I really hope so :sad:). If not, does anyone have any idea what is happening here?

Thanks,

Regards,

Filip

2 Replies

@Filip Wuyts 

Hello Filip,
have you already found a solution to the problem ?
I have here a very similar problem, only parts of the page are loaded and after pressing the F5 key everything is fine again.

Thanks for your answer in advance

Kai

Hi Kai,

Unfortunately, no. I logged an issue with MS Support (through the admin center), but so far there is no solution. I've been asked to try in other browsers, use incognito mode, but all to no avail. Support now asked me to upload a Fiddler trace; I'm waiting for feedback now.
It might be of interest that the part of the navigation that didn't work produced little to no output in Fiddler, whereas pages that do load produce a lot.

In my case, pages just don't load at all (URL changes but page is blank). Very annoying, I hope there is a solution. At least it's a bit comforting to know that I'm not the only one with this issue :)

Good luck,
Filip