SOLVED

Navigating between documents in SharePoint Online browser document viewer

Deleted
Not applicable

I've dropped a few hundred documents into a library and need to now go apply metadata.  I need to view the document in order to find the appropriate information, so I've been opening the file in the browser and expanding the properties panel.   My procedure is to:  Quickly read the document, find the info needed (doc date, customer name), populate into the fields within the properties panel--and then proceed to the next document in the library.  Up until a few days ago there was a set of arrows in the top right corner of the SharePoint online browser PDF viewer ribbon with "previous document/next document" functionality so I could flip between documents in the library without going back to the library and then clicking on the next document.  Now these arrows have vanished!  Is this an "update"?  Or is there a setting that I can change to bring this back?  It seems like such a useful function--why remove it?

8 Replies

Not ware of any update in how documents are visualized in SPO. Adding here  @Stephen Rice

Can't you map the document library to OneDrive for Business and navigate through PDF Documents using previous next buttons and Use details pane to look for all the Metadata?

yellow highlighted area in attached screen shot is where I formerly saw the navigation arrows

best response
Solution

Hi all,

I chatted with the owners and we did make some changes recently on when/how the navigation arrows show up. What you're seeing is definitely not the final iteration, the team is working on future improvements as well. Feel free to post additional feedback here though and I'll make sure to pass it along! Thanks!

Stephen Rice

OneDrive Program Manager II

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the update.  Not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but the navigation arrows are back!  

Cheers

Jim

@Deleted,

Nope, not a coincidence. The team decided to revert the change while they decide on next steps :)

Stephen Rice

Program Manager II

Hello,
We're facing the exact same behavior this week. (Previous / Next arrows are missing)
Has something changed with the file preview feature?
Thanks,

Hi @Benoit DELVAUX,

Thanks for flagging this with us! We have a fix in-progress and we should have this solved in a day or two. Thanks!

Stephen Rice

Senior Program Manager, OneDrive

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

Hi all,

I chatted with the owners and we did make some changes recently on when/how the navigation arrows show up. What you're seeing is definitely not the final iteration, the team is working on future improvements as well. Feel free to post additional feedback here though and I'll make sure to pass it along! Thanks!

Stephen Rice

OneDrive Program Manager II

View solution in original post