Multiple Attachments to SharePoint List Item in Error

Copper Contributor

We have list items where we attach PDF documents and a PowerAutomate flow that emails the list item with the attachment. It has been working perfectly, however over the past couple of days, it has randomly been glitching and attaching multiple files and sending multiple emails with different attachments. Is this a glitch with the list, or with our flow?

2 Replies

@taylamessina I think the problem is related to Power automate flow. Can you show us which trigger you used for your flow & the actions used in flow to send email/attachments?

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap We have the same flow set up for multiple of the same process, however this is the only one with an issue. I've attached numbered screenshots of the flow.

On this same one, we also have a notice in the List settings for the List view threshold: "3635 items (list view threshold is 5000). The number of items in this list is approaching the list view threshold, which is 5000 items. This threshold is the limit at which tasks that cause excessive server load (such as those involving all list items) are prohibited."

On Friday, we noticed the list was taking extensive time to save the data once it had been entered in. A colleague was selecting Cancel as it was taking too long, then that seemed to be when we would get multiple emails, with multiple unrelated attachments, like the list was glitching somehow when they pressed cancel as the list entry did not cancel, it was there, just with multiple random attachments.