SOLVED

MS List - Board View - Text Not Showing

Copper Contributor

Hello

I wonder if anyone has a similar issue or fix. 

Problem - In my MS Lists, within Board view, the attribute data (i.e. name of the project) isn't showing. This only occurs where I select "Card Designer". If I untick "Card Designer" the title re-appears

Setup Approach
This is how I setup the view,  I have not edited the JSON or formatting.
- MS Lists 
- Create new view 
- Choose Board View
- Click Format View 
- Toggle Card Designer (on/off)
- On shows the title, off does not

Elsewhere in lists and other views, the 'Project' field shows data, it's as if the 'project field" in 'Board View' is set to white text or something. I'm using the out of the box formatting, i.e. I haven't changed the JSON within the Card Dersigner

Does anyone else have this problem, or a fix?Missing Text.png

Many thanks
Greg 

7 Replies
I'm having this issue too. Following for solution
Lillian, I found a work around
- Go To Lists & your board view
- In the view drop down, select 'Format Current View'
- Click on the 'Format View' Tab
- Un-tick'Card Designer'

For me, when I tick card designer, that's when I loose the formatting, I assume it's something to do with the default JSON.

I hope this helps.

Greg

@Gregi3 thanks so much for sharing, it get's us part of the way there! Unfortunately when I uncheck card designer then I can't also select what data shows are the card in which order- looks like it just defaults to the first 4 columns

best response confirmed by Gregi3 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
@Gregi3 thanks for identifying that! That helps.

@LillianJensen just found to help with your issue, that as a workaround if you can go into the List Settings and edit the View from in there (in the Classic way of editing a View) you'll be able to select what data shows on the card, and the order.

If you were doing any filtering you'd be in there anyway, but it's not as nice and user-friendly as the Card Designer, and our newer users won't know about this. So hopefully there's a resolution soon from Microsoft :)
Thanks Nadine, this is useful. You noted the downside being this isn't as intuitive as the Card Designer, I think there is another in that we can't add more than 4 fields to the card. That said, it's useful that we can at least re-organise the card.
Had the exact same issue with my "Title" field in the Card designer. I assume it has something to do with the fact that this field doubles as a hyperlink to edit the item. As a workaround I've created a formula field called "Card Title" where the formula is simply [Title]. This will always show the same text, and it displays correctly in the Card Designer mode.

@Remco111 make sure the column is marked at required , meaning can’t be left blank and then see if it shows up 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Gregi3 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
@Gregi3 thanks for identifying that! That helps.

@LillianJensen just found to help with your issue, that as a workaround if you can go into the List Settings and edit the View from in there (in the Classic way of editing a View) you'll be able to select what data shows on the card, and the order.

If you were doing any filtering you'd be in there anyway, but it's not as nice and user-friendly as the Card Designer, and our newer users won't know about this. So hopefully there's a resolution soon from Microsoft :)

View solution in original post