SOLVED

Moving pages between site collections

Copper Contributor

I haven't been able to find an answer to this, but it seems like it should be a common issue. How do you move pages from one site collection to another? The copy function only allows you to move (or actually copy) and page within one site collection, and there is no move function available for pages. I have had several instances where this has cropped up and had to have someone else do some gymnastics in Designer to move them from one to the other.

5 Replies
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution

Hi!

[Updated] as per feedback

Add the ability to copy a modern site page from one site to another · Community (microsoft.com)

Response from Microsoft

Thanks for the suggestion. While this can accomplished via PnP Powershell today, we understand the desire to have a way to do it in the UX. We’ll add it to our backlog.

So PNP is the recommended way and they now have it on the backlog so this has been confirmed in writing as being added natively at some point

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard  Thanks, but you're speaking with a relative novice. Not even sure what PNP is. Was hoping there was an easy way for us noobs to do it.

Sorry, unfortunately no easy way to do this at the moment. This is PNP

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/sharepoint/sharepoint-pnp/sharepoint-pnp-cmdlets?view=sh...

If you cannot do this I would vote on the uservoice and hope it comes in soon. Otherwise the only other way is to recreate the page or get a Consultant in who knows PNP to do the job as a professional service.

Hope that helps!

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard  Thanks anyway. Will have to figure something out - or may just recreate the page in other site collection.

This video helped me move pages using Power Automate. Will need to update images and links that are broken.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjmgVGCwZfM
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution

Hi!

[Updated] as per feedback

Add the ability to copy a modern site page from one site to another · Community (microsoft.com)

Response from Microsoft

Thanks for the suggestion. While this can accomplished via PnP Powershell today, we understand the desire to have a way to do it in the UX. We’ll add it to our backlog.

So PNP is the recommended way and they now have it on the backlog so this has been confirmed in writing as being added natively at some point

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

View solution in original post