SOLVED

Moving Folders - One or More Errors Occured

Brass Contributor

Dear All,

Here I am with another SharePoint failure. 

I can't move folders between two SharePoint sites. I am the Site Owner for both sites and the destination site is completely empty. Does anyone of you know the reason for this? All I get is an error saying: "One or More Errors Occurred".  Well, I really don't know how to handle such an exhaustive explanation! 

Anyhow, it would be great if I can get some help here. I am trying to release this SharePoint site and I was expecting to have a smooth transition but not a chaotic drama. But now I am under time pressure. 

Any kind of help would be appreciated. 

Have a nice weekend when it comes. 

Best Regards,

Yigit Yürüker

SharePoint Failure 2.PNG

11 Replies

Hi @Yigit_Yuruker,

You are the second person to post about Copy To and Move To features not working today. I wonder if there a issue that Microsoft Support should be looking into?

I hope this helps.

Norm

best response confirmed by Yigit_Yuruker (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Yigit_Yuruker,

I just saw this in the Service Health dashboard:

Capture.PNG

Hi @Yigit_Yuruker - we have a message in our Office 365 Admin Center for it:

Copy or move documents issue

SP189243, SharePoint Online,

Last updated: August 30, 2019 12:23 PM

Start time: August 30, 2019 10:31 AM

User impact: Users are unable to copy or move documents between libraries when using the SharePoint Online modern experience.

Latest message:

Title: Copy or move documents issue

User Impact: Users are unable to copy or move documents between libraries when using the SharePoint Online modern experience.

More info: Users may see the following error message "More than one error occurred".

Current status: We've successfully reproduced impact and have captured and analyzed additional logging data. It appears the issue occurs when the service reaches out to Azure storage to transfer the selected document library. We're reviewing this process to understand where and why it is failing.

Scope of impact: Any user may be unable to copy or move documents from one library to another when using the SharePoint Online modern experience.

Next update by: Friday, August 30, 2019, at 6:30 PM UTC

Thank you sir! @Norman Young Good to know. 

I hope we won't face such failures again. 

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Yigit Yürüker

Thank you for the update sir! @Deleted 

Have a nice weekend and remain with,

Best Regards.

Yigit Yürüker

Is this happening again? I seem not to be able to move folders @Deleted 

Hi @Eddie2040 - I'm not seeing a message from Microsoft about this in our Office 365 Admin Center (I'm a customer, not a Microsoft employee).

@DeletedThanks for your reply. I have found a possible cause. It might have to do with a data preservation setting in the O365 security & compliance center. I am having our IT check that.

Dear@Norman Young 

Thanks for sharing the info. The same issue still happens. Please, can you see any proggress?

Hi @DavidVs,

Nothing is noted in the O365 Service health dashboard. I did a simple test on my end and it is working. What is the exact behaviour you are experiencing? Please provide a screenshot of the error/symptom.

Thanks.

Norm

@DavidVs  and others.

I still have this behavior. I can only move or delete a folder after I have deleted all files and or subfolders in it. For subfolders the same behavior, so with multiple layers deep this can become really annoying.

Now, I did find the following article that might explain this behavior:

https://www.sharepointdiary.com/2018/08/fix-you-have-to-delete-all-items-in-this-folder-before-you-c...

I have not yet been in touch with our IT department to dive into this.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Yigit_Yuruker (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Yigit_Yuruker,

I just saw this in the Service Health dashboard:

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post