SOLVED

Moving folders issue - "this folder doesn't have any subfolders" but it does!

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm trying to move folders within Teams but I gather you need to access that functionality in SharePoint by clicking Open in SharePoint.

That looks positive and I can select the folder and then Move to but when I browse to the same location  (where there are plenty of folders) it is reporting that there are no subfolders even though there definitely are. I can either add New folder or Move here but I want to put it into an existing subfolder.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by mrpetermarsh (Copper Contributor)
Solution
The "Move" function is not always going to work, like seen. The easiest way is to view the Doc Library in SPO and then drag and drop the folders in browser window. Or map to OneDrive and then just drag and drop in Windows Explorer. Simples. *didn't want your post to have no replies mate - lol* Jon

Awesome, thanks, sometime I forget, it doesn't hurt to just try stuff.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mrpetermarsh (Copper Contributor)
Solution
The "Move" function is not always going to work, like seen. The easiest way is to view the Doc Library in SPO and then drag and drop the folders in browser window. Or map to OneDrive and then just drag and drop in Windows Explorer. Simples. *didn't want your post to have no replies mate - lol* Jon

View solution in original post