moving a folder gets error

Brass Contributor

My business associate just got done using a third party migration tool from Gsuites to Sharepoint. We got permissions set correctly it looks like, now the problem is moving a folder to another folder. Folder A has 230,000+ objects in it, and the move or copy to folder B gives error "The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator." I am looking at the docs and I am getting dizzy. 1) is there a way to list this amount? 2) What do I need to do to allow a copy or a move? What is the thought of using Copy-PnPFile -SourceUrl ?

Or this can't be done because a doc says there is 5000 limit?

1 Reply
I’ve been dealing with this too. The limit is 100k documents. What I have found to get around it is using onedrive sync client and moving the folder there. That’s currently the only way outside of breaking the moves into less than 100k chunks. Also other things to note I’ve found over time this limit also exists for breaking inheritance on permissions. So you cannot share a parent folder that contains more than 100k sub items etc.