Move action does not capture all files

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to re-arrange our companies SharePoint (online) sites. I'm trying to copy files and folders from documents library on a hub site to other documents library on an associated site.

I'm using the "Move to" action and for some reason, not all files are moved. It seems that all folders structure is copied to new site and all files are moved except for MS office files (i.e. excel, word, PPT)...

Once finished - I get no mistake or error notice - it looks like process was completed successfully but now in the origin site I'm left with only the folders that contain MS office files which were not moved. If I go now to each folder in origin site and chose the MS files left and activate the Move action - it works...

Can anyone assist on that?

2 Replies

Hi @SGNcb ,

Not seen it leave just the office files. I do know the Move function doesnt work if you select more than about 25 top level items (or it did last time I used it) which was on ongoing issue. 

If it didn't move them the second time I would say it is something like the files not being checked in. 

If you can replicate this on  another site I would just raise a ticket with Microsoft in the Admin portal as it sounds like a bug.

@Andrew Hodges- thx for the advise.

When moving files or the second time, everything works fine - so it is really something strange...

It just makes the entire action much longer as I have to go into each folder and ensure all files are moved in the second time.

I will raise it to Microsoft to see if there is any definition made wrong or if there is a bug required action.