Moderne Audience Targeting - Copy and Past value and capacity

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I'm working in a use case where we would like to target news for one or many of our branch/point of sales. We have +400 branchs, and we like to select from a few (5 branches) to 300 or 400 of them. With the new "modern audience" we are planing to build dynamic security group that will contain our branch employees. Then we will use these securities groups to target news page to specific branch.

We have 2 concerns...

1) We will need to copy-and-paste security group since we may have 300 of them ans most likely a "copy and paste" on block of multiple security group name separated by ";".

I found that in the detail page pane it don't work, in the detail info pane of the page library it don't work but the copy and paste work in the "edit all" page (look like the classic property page /Forms/EditForm.aspx) of the news.

Do we know if the copy-and-past of multiple item will be possible in the modern interface ?

2) The number of security group/people that can be added to the audience field.

Do we have a hard limit in SPO on the number of Security Group of audiences for a page ? Are we able to add 400 entry to the audience field or we will hit a limit? I did not found an up to date version the software boundaries for SPO.

Thank for the help and ideas :)

0 Replies