Modern Site Page or News Article Page Notifications

Iron Contributor

Good Day

Looking to understand if there is any way we could be notified via email or (push/pop up notification) when someone adds or replies to comments that are tied to a modern site page or a news article page.  We understand that if you @mention someone then that user will get email notifications and or push notifications via a mobile device.  However, if you are one of the site owners and you are not @mentioned what ways could you be made aware of comments made to pages of sites you own/manage?  Thanks!

7 Replies

Curious about this myself. Our current but old Intranet just emailed the announcements to everyone once a day. Nobody really uses or looks at the Intranet unless an announcement interests them or they're told that something (normally a policy is on the Intranet).

I'd like to use a modern Intranet but I can't see how I'd make staff look at the news on it without a better alert system.

I can’t say for sure this will work, but try creating a view of the Site Pages library that shows the Comment count. Then add an alert on that view. I think that will get you an email when the comment count is updated even if you are not mentioned 

No by default, so I would take a look at the automation possibilities here by using Flow / a serveless process that is monitoring those new comments and send notifications to the site owners
There is no out of box way of doing it.
This should have been available but I don't know why it is not available
Thank you all appreciate it. It seems this is a topic that goes back quite a bit. Found the user voice suggestion but did not see a status on it (i.e need more information, considering it etc). This is unfortunate since we cannot expect users to start figuring out Rest API calls or PowerApps solutions to get this implemented. Alerts sadly do not work either probably because the comments on the page are stored outside of the SharePoint site...