05-24-2017 09:25 PM
05-24-2017 09:25 PM
I think I've found a fairly significant issue with a new option available on Modern site Pages as well as modern document libraries.
On a modern site page or modern document library, as a Site Owner (With Full control permissions) I click: Cog > Site Permissions. The tab on the right of the screen appears, but I am then redirected to an Access Denied page within a few settings.
Things of note:
- It occurs on all Modern pages and Modern libraries on multiple Site Collections.
- It's not an issue for Site collection Administrators.
- Owners have Full control permission level.
- Occuring on Publishing sites as well as standard team sites.
- Occuring even after adding user as owner of site collection as well as owner of the site.
- Able to access the site permission settings via Site Settings > Site Permissions (This is the work around).
- This is not an issue on SharePoint sites created via Teams.
- It doesn't matter if this page is set as the home page or not.
- The Access Denied page allows me to request access, the access request sent to the site administrator is for the page that the owner already has access to.
Cog > Site Contents (Why Site settings option has gone I don't know, but it's quite annoying) > Site Settings Button > Site Permissions.
I am hoping this is a setting that can be easily changed on our tenant/site collections, otherwise is a showstopper for using modern pages and could be for modern document libraries as well (Not that we have a choice with libraries), the most obvious way to get to site permissions doesn't work as a site owner and the work around is long.
Additional information - Modern Site Page creation process
In case this makes a difference, though I doubt it as the issue is occuring on Document libraries as well.
On a modern site page, as a site Owner from my page I click: Cog > Site Permissions. The tab on the right of the screen appears, but I am then redirected to an Access Denied page.
The site and page I am doing this on was created as a standard Team site, I then did the following in order to create the Modern site Page:
1. Create Site Page under Site Pages library.
2. Provide name of home page.
3. Publish page.
4. Set new page as Home Page under Site Pages library.
5. Delete Home.aspx.
05-24-2017 10:48 PM
05-24-2017 11:10 PM
Thanks for looking into this Juan. That's good to hear, I'm hoping it's simply an issue with our site collections/tennant.
I've logged a service request with Microsoft.
I'll let you know the outcome.
05-28-2017 10:40 PM
05-28-2017 10:49 PM
06-13-2017 05:29 PM
06-13-2017 10:40 PM
05-25-2018 04:08 PM
Did you ever get resolution on this? We are experiencing the same thing. It is not across many sites, but we have encountered at least one instance of a person who is listed on the modern panel (when i the SP Admin look at it) as the site owner, and who is in an SP Group with full control permissions gets access denied when he clicks on Site Permissions from cog on modern page (but like you mention he can go to site settings and site permissions fine.
05-27-2018 03:47 PM
05-30-2018 12:00 PM
Thanks for the response, Andrew. Did you do anything to fix it, or the problem fixed itself or just went away?
05-31-2018 05:55 PM
06-11-2018 04:36 PM
I am also facing the same issue after successful login directly redirecting to AccessDenied.aspx and also given the access through site permission but still issue persist.
Clearing the browser cache also not helping !
Plz help if any other workarounds.
09-19-2018 05:30 AM
Check the groups settings of owners, members and visitors group. The Setting "Who can view the membership of the group?" should be "Everyone". After the group settings is changed you will be able to view the "Site Permission" from library.