SOLVED

Modern site +New upload template

Brass Contributor

On a Modern site, when a site owner uploads a Word .dotx file to the +New menu using the Add template command, what is the path to the place the file gets uploaded to?

Thanks,

Anne

4 Replies

@annetoalWhen you are adding the template to your library this path should contain the template:

https://your-tenant.sharepoint.com/sites/your-site/Shared%20Documents/Forms/template.dotx

Thanks,
Vik
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Vikram_Samal Thank you for your response. How can i get inside the /Forms folder? Entering the URL as you describe downloads the template file to my computer, but it does not permit me to reveal the contents of the whole Forms folder. I need to delete some unused template files.

Thanks,

Anne

best response confirmed by annetoal (Brass Contributor)
Solution
To access the form folder one way is you can access through SharePoint designer. Second option is open the document library in window explorer and access the forms folder.

Thanks
Vik

@Vikram_Samal Thanks, I connected it to Explorer and found the Forms folder. When I went to delete a file, it said I didn't have permissions. I'll be taking this to our SharePoint administrator to get help. Is that common, that a site owner doesn't have the ability to delete files in the Forms folder?

Appreciate your help.

Anne

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by annetoal (Brass Contributor)
Solution
To access the form folder one way is you can access through SharePoint designer. Second option is open the document library in window explorer and access the forms folder.

Thanks
Vik

View solution in original post