SOLVED

Modern SharePoint site "Theme" suddenly changed from our Organization theme setup in Admin Portal

Brass Contributor

We use SharePoint Online and primarily have Modern sites created from O365 Groups.

Late last week I noticed that our Modern sites (Group, Team & Communication sites) seem to have somehow reset and are no longer using the theme designated in the Admin Portal under Settings- Organization Profile.  

Our classic sites and SharePoint Home still show our Org theme.  But, most of our sites are showing MS blue & white.  I can't seem to change this.  I've tried reapplying our theme but, no dice.

Any ideas?

58 Replies
Still having this isseu on several dutch tenants (w or w/o targeted release)
Can you please open a support ticket and PM me the details.

Thank you

We are having this same issue at our organization.

@Meg Simmons wrote:

We use SharePoint Online and primarily have Modern sites created from O365 Groups.

Late last week I noticed that our Modern sites (Group, Team & Communication sites) seem to have somehow reset and are no longer using the theme designated in the Admin Portal under Settings- Organization Profile.  

Our classic sites and SharePoint Home still show our Org theme.  But, most of our sites are showing MS blue & white.  I can't seem to change this.  I've tried reapplying our theme but, no dice.

Any ideas?

@Sam Larson We are seeing this same issue too on a New Zealand tenant:

SRSuiteBarBrandingIssue.png

What was the fix for this issue? Suddenly this week we are seeing this in our tenant but there is no information out there on the issue@Sam Larson 

Apologies for the delay everybody. I'm currently investigating this . 

@LeslieRivera I believe I found the issue and it specifically stems to modern site pages . We will work on getting a fix out ASAP and I will update this thread once it's deployed. 

Good Thing!! I though this was already resolved from the top thread, as I'm facing the same issue. Will wait for the fix. Thanks!

We are experiencing the updated suite bar, however, it is appearing on our classic themed intranet site. This seems different than the other posters. Is this related?

This would not be related to the issue we were discussing in this post.

Good news everyone! We have started deploying the fix to all servers. I would expect that everybody will have the fix by end of next week. Apologies for the delays here but thank you for reporting the issue!

@Sam Larson Thanks for getting this sorted, Sam. Though... another client of ours on a different tenant has noticed that the suite bar colouring defined by their custom theme has just stopped being applied. Earlier in the week the global suite bar was using the green from the theme, but then yesterday that bar was appearing in the unthemed standard blue colour. No changes were made to the theme. I am hoping that this fix being applied for the colouring has not yet reached their tenant.

ThemeNotApplying.png

@Gary Payne We are still deploying but feel free to PM me the details and I can check the tenant for you. 

@Sam Larson it appears the fix has managed to change our classic tenant to the new theme picker and can't seem to be able to undo the change, do you mind giving an update?

@Ignacio Javier Ortiz Bofill This sounds unrelated to the fix we are rolling out. Can you please open a support ticket so we can investigate. 

@Sam Larson  Hi Sam, I am working on a client site and still have the theme issue not sticking.  Any idea on when this issue will be resolved for all?  Thanks!

@Sam Larson We are still having the same issue. Has not resolved.