Modern SharePoint DispForm.aspx for List Items Changed and is Unreadable

Copper Contributor

My office uses SharePoint list items daily. This week we noticed that when you have a link directly to a list item or search for an item and click to open it, the list item opens up in DispForm.aspx and the formatting has changed drastically and is terrible! 

The columns are maxed in height and width so that they barely show any of the contents. For example a multi line column only shows 2 1/2 lines of text and then you have to press See More and it displays in only a six word long paragraph. I can see how this is beneficial for looking at a list item on a mobile device but on a desktop. It is the worst UI/UX. 

This formatting is not OK and needs to change. I’m looking for any information on how to fix this. See attached image for example.

9 Replies
We are facing same issue since couple of weeks already, any info will be helpful.
I’m experiencing the same thing. I don’t want to tell my users to switch back to classic, but they were not pleased when the title and the body of their newsletter-style list started running horizontally.

@Christopher Centofanti Can you please verify if the behavior is still the horizontal or its back at what it was ? 

Looks like this has been resolved. 

@Bruno Aleixo , the behavior is still the same. MS were recently able to reproduce the same issue in their test tenants, and we are deep diving in troubleshooting to understand the cause.

@lanesatwork was their any update provided by MS ? Appreciate if you can provide with any resolution steps. Thanks :)

@keerthcloudnative if at this moment you are still observing the behavior i recommend to open a support ticket.

@Bruno Aleixo , the issue is resolved in our tenant now. Do you know what was the cause of the issue?

@keerthcloudnative A recent change has been reverted. Thanks for the feedback.